The Thurmont Lions Club and Maryland Patriot Guard are teaming up to collect items for the Washington D.C Veterans Community Referral Center (CRRC) to help homeless or formerly homeless Veterans and their families, along with wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Medical Center.
Items needed (please note that all items must be NEW):
Personal items (clothing for men & women):
• New underwear, socks, undershirts, sweat shirts/pants (Size L, XL, 2XL).
• Winterwear: coats—men sizes L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL & women sizes L, XL, 2XL; winter hats; gloves; long underwear; thick winter socks; long-sleeved shirts/flannels.
• Quilts/blankets/sleeping bags (New w/tags).
• Non-perishable canned fruits, vegetables, soups, pasta, pasta sauce, tuna, instant oatmeal, etc. Canned items preferably w/pull tab open rather than one needing a can opener.
• Safeway grocery gift cards.
Cash donations also accepted. The Maryland Patriot Guard is a 501c3, all volunteer organization, supporting our active duty and Veteran military service members. Items will be collected at the Thurmont Lions Club’s Pit Sandwich Sale on October 10, 2020.