Dignitaries with the Town of Emmitsburg and St. Joseph’s Catholic Church gathered to celebrate the St. Euphemia School wayside exhibit with a ribbon cutting on DePaul Street in Emmitsburg on August 10, 2022.
This exhibit is one of 14 that will be part of a historic walking tour in Emmitsburg, thanks to grant funding from the Heart of the Civil War Heritage Area. St. Euphemia’s School was a Catholic School founded by St. Joseph’s parish. It served children in grades 1-8 from 1878 to 1956. The school was operated and instructed by the Daughters of Charity.